Ayurvedic Medicine For Joint Pain3:33:00 AM
The Ayurvedic name for arthritis joint pains is Sandhi Vata. As its name implies, is caused by the corruption of vata dosha in the body. The sandhi word means "common" in Sanskrit. Sandhi Vata Ayurveda believes that can be caused due to rheumatism, infections, gout, hemophilia, trauma and even digestive problems that result in an accumulation of ama in the body.
Useful herbs in the treatment of joint pains
1. Alfalfa (Medicago Satina):Alfalfa is very effective in reducing joint pain. It should be kept in the form of a tea four times daily.
2. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera):Ashwagandha is the herb commonly known as winter cherry in the west. Has several beneficial properties for the human organism. Treatment of joint pain are included in that list of properties.
3. Banyan (Ficus bengalensis):The banyan tree sap produces very similar to the rubber latex. This is used as an external application to the joints. This application relieves joint pains after a few regular applications and massages.
4. Bishop's Weed (Ammi Trachyspermum):The oil extracted from the Bishop's weed is applied locally on the affected joints to relieve pain in them.
5. Celery (Apium graveolens):Celery can be used as an effective treatment for rheumatism and gout, both of which can cause joint pain. Therefore, celery provides a more durable treatment of the problem. The alkaline content of celery makes it efficacious in the treatment of joint pain.
6. Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale):Dandelion is rich in magnesium, an element that is necessary for proper bone mineralization. Use dandelion makes the bones stronger and protects them from the pains.
7. Garlic (Allium sativum):Garlic is a very effective remedy for treating joint pains. About five or six cloves of garlic should be eaten every morning to seek relief.
8. Ginger (Zingiber officinale):Ginger is also one of the best methods for treating joint pain. Should be included freely in the daily diet of the person. Tea made with ginger is also beneficial.
Dietary Treatments recommended for joint pains
Ginger and garlic are very good for pain in the joints. Some people find the smell of ginger intolerable. To reduce the odor, the garlic could be slightly fried in butter. All bitter tastes are good for arthritis. So people could consume bitter gourd and bitter drumstick without any worries.
People with joint pain should totally get away from all food acids which can increase vata. Constipation can aggravate the pain. Therefore foods that are unpalatable to be avoided. This also extends to protein-rich foods, such as legumes. Food should not be fried for no additional vitiate vata.
Ayurvedic Treatments for joint pains
Ayurveda prescribes different types of treatments for different types of joint pains. When a patient comes to an Ayurvedic doctor, the first thing to do is find out the cause of pain. Based on that, the drugs are prescribed.
1. Rheumatoid arthritis is known as Ama Vata in Ayurveda. It is caused due to a low digestive fire, because love is retained in the body. For treatment, first loves is removed by fasting and purging if necessary. Then a mixture of punarnava, guggulu, galangala and garlic is administered in a dose of one gram per day. Dashamoolarishta also prescribed amount in 15 milliliters three times a day for three weeks.
2. If joint pain is due to trauma, then Vishagarbha taila is prescribed for external application on the region where you feel pain in the joints. For internal administration, the patient is prescribed Guduchi Rasnadi Guggulu and tablets, to be taken in an amount of 250 mg three times or four times a day with water.
3. In people older than fifty years, a type of arthritic joint pain known as osteoarthritis is observed. This is known in Sanskrit as Vata Ashtigata. For this condition, whether or Pravala Panchamrita Lakshadi Guggulu is prescribed. The dose is 125 mg twice daily for one month and 250 milligrams three times per day for three months respectively.
Home Remedies for joint pains
one. Massaging the joints with a mixture of camphor, eucalyptus oil and menthol before going to bed.
1.Drink a glass of carrot juice early in the morning. Continue this until you find the reduction in penalties, which should happen in a week.
2.Do not exercise wildly, but at the same time not keep joints lethargic. Some activity with them to keep them moving.
3.Take a hot bath every morning. This facilitates the circulation of the blood.