Home Remedies For Nerve Pain4:22:00 AM
What is Nerve Pain?
Nerve Pain is a discomforting and at times non specific condition that can be caused by a wide variety of reasons. The nature and effective treatment of Nerve Pain depends on the underlying cause giving rise to the pain. Such pains can be accompanied by buzzing or burning sensation and an overall discomfort that is difficult to describe.
Nerves act as the communication lines of the body by carrying electrical signals through the brain. There are three types of nerves in the body, namely autonomic nerves, motor nerves and sensory nerves.
These different types of nerves control different aspects and hence cause different types of symptoms. Injury or damage to any of these nerves tends to give rise to Nerve Pain, whether mild or severe.
The first step towards the elimination of Nerve Pain is the identification of the cause of the pain. Accordingly, conventional medicines and natural home remedies for Nerve Pain can be used to cure Nerve Pain. Nerve is also called Neuralgia.
Nowadays, apart from herbal cures, Nerve Pain home remedies also emphasis on alternative therapies including meditation, acupuncture, aromatherapy and other similar natural treatments. Sciatic Nerve Pain is one of the most frustrating Nerve Pains that is mostly caused due to disc herniation or Piriformis Syndrome.
Causes and Symptoms of Nerve Pain
Nerve Pain is usually caused by nerve degeneration, compression, inflammation, injuries and other similar reasons. Conditions like chronic renal insufficiency, diabetes, carpal tunnel syndrome, chemical irritations, radiation treatment, peripheral nerve injury, spinal stenosis, tumors and use of certain drugs may also cause the same.
Besides, Nerve Pain may also be caused due to diseases such as Lyme disease, Shingles, Hepatitis C, HIV, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and other related infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Lead ingestion and deficiency of vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, zinc etc can also contribute in causing this type of pain.
Symptoms of Nerve Pain vary with the type of nerves affected. The pain can be characterized by numbness, burning, buzzing or pricking sensations. Burning pain is generally associated with Neuritis. Nerve Pain in motor nerves gives rise to symptoms of muscle atrophy, twitching and even paralysis.
Autonomic nerve damage cause light headedness, inability to sense angina, abnormal excessive sweating, bladder dysfunction etc. On the other hand, sensory nerve damage leads to problems with positional awareness in addition to pain and sensitivity.
Natural Home Remedies for Nerve Pain
• Taking long hot water bath or shower is one of the simplest Nerve Pain home remedies that help to ease Nerve Pain by improving circulation in the body.
• Herbs like chamomile, horseradish, celery, elderberry etc can be taken in the form of tea or used as compresses or poultices to soothe Nerve Pains.
• Having garlic milk is one of the most popular natural remedies for Nerve Pain cure. Prepare this remdy by cooking two crushed raw garlic cloves in about half a cup of milk and drink this milk to reduce Sciatica Nerve Pain effectively over a period of time.
• Celery is one of the most effective natural home remedies for Nerve Pain treatment. Drinking half a cup of celery juice mixed with some carrot juice helps to cure Nerve Pain. Similarly, daily having a combination of celery juice and potato juice is useful in relieving Nerve Pain caused by Sciatica.
• Regular consumption of elderberry juice helps to relax the muscles and hence serves as a good Nerve Pain natural remedy.
• Daily having a cup of soy milk mixed with honey acts as a valuable home remedy to get rid of Nerve Pain caused by nutritional deficiencies.
• Massaging the painful area with aloe vera gel or a mixture of one tablespoon warm mustard oil and crushed garlic is highly beneficial in reducing Nerve Pains to a great extent. Herbal oils of peppermint, rosemary, lavender, clove, eucalyptus, winter green etc can also be used for this purpose.
• Apply a paste prepared from cinnamon and honey and wash it off after a few minutes to relieve Nerve Pain caused by pinched nerves.
Diet for Nerve Pain
Apart from home remedies for Nerve Pain, Nerve Pain home treatment also consists of proper dietary measures focusing on a healthy diet rich in a variety of essential vitamins and nutrients.
For instance, vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin D, zinc and magnesium are highly beneficial in facilitating the process of healing Nerve Pain.
Thus positively include garlic, spinach, green peas, soybeans, pinto beans, bananas, parsley, sprouts, whole grains, milk, yogurt and other such nutritious foods in the diet to deal with Nerve Pain at home. Plus, regularly drink vegetable juices extracted from carrots, beetroots and celery.
Moreover, regularly engage in adequate amount of physical exercise to avoid further Nerve Pain related complications. In addition, take rest and avoid lifting heavy objects, especially in case of Sciatica Nerve Pain.